Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 1 Update

Well, day one has come and gone.  What an incredible day.  I woke up this morning thinking it was going to be a dream because I had such an awesome day! 

Yesterday morning God laid it on my heart to remove all the distractions from my life and to really begin to focus all my efforts on Him.  What an awesome day that was.  I could never begin to share with you all the things I learned, but here are a few highlights of things that really touched home with me. 

1 Timothy 4:12 ->  Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, and in purity. 

1 Thessalonains 5:16-18 ->  Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 

In the book The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren, I was able to read day one and complete day one in the journal I have that accompanies it.  Some of the main things in the reading were:
  • You did not create yourself, so there is no way you can tell yourself what you were created for.  Just like a new invention, you have to consult the inventor or the Owner's Manual.  In my life, I'm consulting the Owner (God) and the Owner's Manual (God's Word).  
  • You were my by God and for God - and until you understand that, life will never make sense. 
  • God was thinking of you and me long before you ever though about Him.  His purpose for your life predates your conception.  He planned it before you existed, and without your input!
I am working on writing a lot, and memorizing scripture.  The writings are being saved for right now until I feel like the time is right to share them.  The memorization is coming from several places, but I am really intrigued by Beth Moore's blog and her challenges that she has given to women to spend one year memorizing scripture.  I'm taking that concept and tweeking it a little in that I'm wanting to memorize about 10 verses a week. 

I just have this drive and thirst for God right now.  A thirst that cannot be quenched, and I hope it's a thirst that is never quenched.  I am so excited to see what God shows me next. 

Thank you for checking on me.  You all reading this blog and keeping up with me is one of the things that is keeping me going through these next forty days.  The readers of this blog are the people holding me accountable to do this for forty days.  And I thank you for reading and praying for me, as I am praying for all of you, that something on this blog would touch your heart. 

More to come!  :)  Brittney

2 comments:

  1. I think that your drive and thirst for God right now is awesome. He is a faithful god and will show Himself to you! (Jeremiah 29:13 is one of my favorites because it has been SO true in my own life.)
    In your quest to memorize Scripture each week, may I recommend Beth Moore's book, Praying God's Word. I was in a similar point in my life several years ago and felt a pull to begin praying Scripture. Someone recommended this book to me and I have been so thankful that I went ahead and got this one.
    At that time my children were almost 2 and 4, so I found it helpful to write the prayers (which are basically Scripture passages) that spoke to me the most on index cards. I then used a small plastic "ring" to hold them together. I was then able to pray through them much more easily and they were very portable. I read through them nearly daily for 6 months to a year. Without realizing it, I had memorized most of them. God continues to bring many of those verses to mind and opens my eyes to more ways to apply them.
    You are in Good Hands as you begin your journey!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya, thank you so much for the encouragement! It is so amazing to see that women like myself have such a drive and complete thirst for what God wants to teach us. Thank you for all your suggestions, and I am going to probably take a couple into mind. Keep posted with what is going on, and share this blog with many others so that they too can see what all is taking place. Keep posted on what happens next! Big things are on the way! I feel it directly from God!

    Brittney

    ReplyDelete