Monday, January 24, 2011

Goodbye but Hello!

Well, I guess most of you are reading this blog post because you saw that I am giving up Facebook and other distractions to get close to God.  I am so excited to start this journey to see what God has in store for me in these next few weeks.  I am planning on giving up for the next 40 days as part of a book and Bible study that I am going to go through.

Several years ago, our church did a 40 day Bible study called The Purpose Driven Life and 40 Days of Purpose.  I feel like it is time to revisit those principles as a college graduate and see what God wants to teach me.  Therefore, I want to spend as much time as possible digging in God's Word and see what all He wants to show me.  I need to remove the distractions of the world and focus on my Savior.  That's the intentions of getting off Facebook for a while, along with other distractions in my life. 

I encourage you to keep in touch with me through this blog over the next 40 days to see what all God has in store through this.  I can't wait to see all the things He has that He wants to reveal to me, and hopefully I will get the chance to share some of those with all of you.

I also ask that you pray for me.  I have a desire to learn so much about God and feel that the next 40 days of really praying and seeking God to see where He wants to take me in life is going to be powerful and mighty.  Pray that I can stick it out with this and stick to my plans, but also have a desire to continue this and see all this through until the end. 

I will be on this site frequently (hopefully!) posting things often, so leave comments, encouraging words, and be praying for me as I start this journey to really learn all about God and seek His will out for my life, as well as study and learn as much as I can about my God. 

Thank you all so much for supporting me through all this, and hopefully I will get the chance to post all kinds of things to share with you! 

Love You All, Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment