Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 2: My Introduction

Well, two days are down in my forty days of purpose!  I have not finished my studying for tonight but I wanted to go ahead and share my update on what was going on.  I went on a mini-road trip with my cousin today to Columbus to take care of a few errands.  While there, we ran into Lifeway Christian Bookstore.  (For those who don't know me well, I love to read!  Always been a weakness, so this kind of store is sometimes not a great idea!)  While there, I found a couple of new study books to help guide me in studying some of God's Word.  One of the study books is a focus on Romans, which is what I have started with.  (I'm still reading the book about worship and still reading The Purpose-Driven Life book.  Yeah, my reading list is a lot I know!)

Anyway, the Romans book began with studying the first chapter of Romans.  After reading the first eight verses of Romans, I was concerned on where this book was taking me because I was already lost in the wording.  After reading about three different translations it began to make more sense to me.

The first part of the chapter talks about Paul.  Paul writes Romans as a letter to the followers of God in Rome.  He is making his introductions in the first seven verses by explaining who he is.  Then the book I am studying threw a big question at me.  It said "If you could write an introduction like this one about yourself, what would you say about your relationship to Jesus, the gospel, to other people in the world, and to fellow Christians?"  Wow, what a packed question.  I began to really ponder that and finally began to write my own introduction.  I shortened it and rewrote it on my dry-erase board in my bedroom so that I could see it frequently and remind myself of it.

I give you the challenge to sit down tonight and think about that question, and how you could honestly answer it.  Read the introduction that is talked about here in Romans 1:1-7.  Think about what you could write about yourself to make your introduction.  I attached a picture of my board so you all could see what I wrote. (Just click on the picture to make it bigger!)

Excited for another day!  I'm working tomorrow so I hope to carry the joy of Christ into the first grade classroom I get the priviledge to serve in tomorrow.  God bless each of you readers, and prayers are lifted for you tonight.  Have an awesome day and keep checking back in!

Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment