Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 3: My Testimony

Hello followers!  How awesome it is to have people that support me by simply logging onto this blog to see what is going on through this 40 days of spending so much time with God. 

A day 2 update that didn't get on yesterday's post is that the message of last night in my book was that not only is it not about me but about God, I was not an accident.  And neither were you.  It's so cool to think that God thought about us, and planned us in the specific way He did.  God doesn't make mistakes, and it's so cool to think the God that planned the environment, the Earth, and all the things around us also planned the very essence of me, and everything that is of me.  Just like He did of you.  I'm excited to see what day 3 is about.  (By the way, I'm reading the book and doing the 40 days study at the very end of my night which is why it doesn't get posted on that day.  In case you were wondering!)

Today I decided to continue with the Romans study, so I was in chapter two!  Wow, what a chapter!  So much was shared by Paul in the second chapter of Romans, and I learned a lot through this study.  :)  A couple of things that really stood out to me was first Romans 2:24.  The verses before 2:24 talk about the Jews and that there were people that were preaching one thing and carrying out another.  Romans 2:24 talks about what happens to people when they do this, "For, as it is written, 'The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you.' "  The question that went with this verse asked the simple question: what are you doing in your life for the name of God?  Are your actions making the name of God blasphemed or famous in his glory?  I have never really thought about it, but I'm thinking about it tonight. 

The other thng that was so powerful was that it talked about the heart that you have if you are living for God in the end of the chapter.  The question posed was: Are you trusting in some religious rite you experienced years ago?  What evidence in your life do people see your heart for God? 

These two questions have really been on my heart tonight.  I have been writing so many thoughts, and private thoughts between God and I.  But I am really pondering this tonight.  What am I doing in my life to, first, show that I am not relying on a rite that I took when I was seven years old but living to show how my heart longs and lives for God?  It all goes back to making the name of Jesus famous in all the world. 

Those are the thoughts for tonight.  Prayers for each of you for sticking with me, and thank you for your support!  Love you guys!

Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment