Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 10: We All Need the Cure!

Sorry it's taking me so long to get back with all of you!  It feels like I haven't added a post in a while, and know you've all been waiting on one! 

I have been continuing with all my readings on different days now, because frankly I have made my reading list way too long! :)  But I'm enjoying all of it, and God is using each of the books I am reading to teach me more and more about what He has to offer me. 

Like I mentioned in one of the other posts, I'm doing a study on Romans right now.  I read through and studied Romans 3 the other day and had something I really wanted to share.  This was something written as a commentary in one of my Bibles I have been using, and thought it was so true and wanted you all to read it also.

Romans 3:9-20 ->  The Need for a Cure
If a doctor suddenly appeared on a televiosion news program announcing, in a excited voice, a cure for the Paraguayan flu, who would notice?  For his discovery to impress us so deeply that we would seek vaccination, he would first need to prove the terrible danger of the unknown virus.  
Paul's message in Romans is the great news about God's amazing grace: A complete cure is available to all.  But people won't seek a cure until they know they are ill.  Thus, Romans beings with one of the darkest descriptions in the Bible.  Paul concludes, "There is no one who is rigteous, not even one."  The entire world is doomed to spiritual death unless a c ure can be found.

What a perfect picture for us.  There are people we see on a daily basis that don't even know they are sick.  They don't even know that they need God and the saving grace that He can provide.  People don't understand what God accomplished through the life of Jesus.  They don't understand that God provided a cure for the spiritual death that people are living in.  Jesus died on a cross because by doing that He could save humankind from spending their eternity in Hell.  Jesus did that specially for YOU, the reader of this post.

Jesus provided the cure.  He provided the cure in the way of the cross, and showed us that He loved us enough to provide that cure.  All we have to do is pray and ask for the cure. 

Go out into the world and tell people that they need the cure.  I don't mean scaring them into it, but showing them that they are dying a spiritual death and they need the cure for the disease, which lies specially in Jesus and praying and asking for Him to come live their life.  Such an awesome concept, that Jesus is our cure. 

He is our cure! 

More to come soon!  Go out and share with others about the cure!

-Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment