Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 22: My Valentine


Well, hello everyone and Happy Valentine’s Day! I’m so glad to know that today has been such a beautiful day, and the weather is so perfect! I also am so glad to know that God is in control and He is above all else in the world, including the perfect timing of these forty days. This is my fifth Valentine’s Day to be single, and each year it gets a little easier, but it’s still a little tough to be single on Valentines. Everyone around you it seems has a Valentine, but this year is different. All the other years have seemed like it’s “Singles Awareness Day”. This year is so different for me. That’s not what it feels like this year. I have a Valentine. Let me tell you a little about him.

My valentine is a wonderful man. He is there for me when no one else seems to be around. He knows my every need, my every want, and my every desire. When there is something I am supposed to have or get, he knows when and he takes care of it right then and there. He loves me. Oh, how he loves me! He has done so much for me that if I started right at this moment thanking him for each and every thing he has done for me, and did it every day all day long, I would go the rest of my life and not finish giving him the thanks he deserves. He would lay his life on the line for me in order to save me, both on the Earth now and for all eternity. He holds such a special place in my heart, and without him in that place, I would have such a void I wouldn’t know where to begin to fill the void. My valentine is indescribable. There are not enough words to describe how amazing and awesome my valentine is. You want to know who my valentine is? It’s a man that has stolen my heart. He is a man that I want to spend my entire lifetime praising and worshipping. That’s right. My valentine is Jesus Christ. What an awesome present.


My valentine loves me so much. Read what God’s Word tells us about love in 1 John 4:19. “We love Him because He first loved us.” He loves us! He doesn’t just love me, but He loves each and every one of us. There are not enough words to describe it, not enough books to write it in, but know that He loves you, just like He loves me.


The first part of John 3:16 says “For God so loved the world…” It’s so incredible that He loves us the way He does. It’s so incredible to think about everything that He has done for us. It’s so awesome to know that when we feel as if there is not one person that loves us on this earth, we still have a God that loves us so much He would send His one son. Not one of His 3 or 4 or 5 sons. God has one son. He sent that one Son “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son, so that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” Not that we deserve this in any way, shape, form, or fashion. We don’t deserve anything that God provides for us. We sin against God, turn our backs on Him, and sometimes even use His name in vein. But He still loves us. He knew we would do those things, and yet He still loves us. It’s so awesome to think about the fact that He loves us that much! How else can we describe it!


When I think of a Valentine I think of someone that you share your heart with. Someone you think of as being so special to your life, and someone you can’t wait to spend time with. This person is so important to your life, that the moments you are together you never want to end and the moments you are apart you can’t wait until you are with them again. This person is who you wake up thinking about and you’re your head down at night thinking about. Someone that you love so much you would do anything for them. I think of someone that you just can’t live without. That’s how I think of Jesus. All those things are things that describe my relationship with Him.



The beauty of Christ is that this relationship I have with Him is not just for me, but for everyone who believes. You can live a life for Christ just like I have chosen to do. It’s so simple. You first must understand that you are a sinner. Romans 3:23 says “For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.” We have all messed up. But once you understand that we have all messed up, it’s time to turn from your ways. You simply have to ask God to forgive you of the things you have done wrong. Ask Him to forgive specific things you have done to turn your back on Him. Once you ask Him to forgive you of those things, the Bible says “As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions (sins) from us.” (Psalm 103:12) Once you do that, ask Him to come into your life. Give God an invitation to live inside your heart, and to be your savior that you have never had before. Open your heart up and allow God to come inside and live for you. Then, you can contact someone to help you understand what you have done. If you would like, you can send an e-mail to me, Brittney, at the address and I will be more than happy to talk to you. It’s the MOST important decision you will make in your life. Living a life for God is the MOST important and BEST thing you can ever do!

I’m spending my day with my true valentine. When everything else of the world is gone, I will know that my valentine is still there. When all the other people have failed me, or my heart is broken, Jesus is my valentine that will never leave me and never forsake me. I hope He is your valentine too.

Hope you all have a wonderful Valentine’s Day! May God live and dwell in us all!

Brittney
getclosertohimblog@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment