Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 14: Constantly Praying and Thinking about God

Well, it's two weeks down and it's time to start another work week!  I just wanted to share something that I have learned and hope to implement this week as a way to get closer with God in all areas of my life. 

Sometimes I think we get so caught up in the act that we forget what we are truly doing.  Like prayer.  Prayer should be a conversation with God where we are truly talking with Him, as if we are talking to a parent or even a friend.  We just get so wrapped up in the ritual tha we forget what we are really doing.  Something I want to do this week is spend as much time as I can in prayer and conversation with God.  One of the ways I am trying to do this is repeating Scripture or small phrases back to God, even if it's in my own heart, just to show God that I know He is with me and I want to talk to Him. 

I have got as many sticky notes as I could and am writing scriptures on all of them.  Any scripture or small phrase that I can say to God to speak to Him at all times.  I am placing those sticky notes in areas that I am a lot.  For example, I am placing them on my mirror in my bedroom, on my laptop where I write to all you readers, on my television, on my Bible, in my car on the steering wheel, in my planner, as the wallpaper of my cell phone, but everywhere I can I am putting these scriptures on them.  The Bible teaches us that we should bury the Word in our hearts.  What you bury in your heart is what you think of most often.  Hebrews 4:12 says this about the Word of God: "For the Word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing een to the division of soul and spirit, and joints of marrow, and is a discenter of the thoughts and intents of the heart." 

So this week I am burying the Word of God into my heart.  I challenge you to do the same.  Just one sticky note.  If you read that sticky note enough times, you will find that you have memorized what that sticky note says and that you have learned one verse out of the Word of God. 

I hope you have an awesome week, and carry God in your own life everywhere you go! 

Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment