Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 12: Pressing On!

It's almost been 2 weeks, and what a ride God has taken me on so far!

I tried something new tonight and can't share all my secrets just yet about things to come, but I'm so excited..

I just wanted to share one verse tonight and just the prayer of my heart.  The verse I wanted to share was from Philippians 3:14.  This is what the verse says:

"I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

I have a goal.  The goal is to get through these forty days and learning so much and becoming so close to God and how He wants to use my life.  Each day I get up and want to begin to dig into the Word and focus all my attention and my everything on what has been taking place in my life.  But then the things around me begin to get in the way.  Schedules get in the way of study time.  A TV show comes on that I want to watch but don't feel like I should.  Something needs to be done to get ready for the next day.  Routines become more and more apparent.

In our own lives, sometimes we get so caught up in a routine that by trying to change the routine it's like we are completely changing the world.  Does anyone else ever feel like that?  Well, that's what I did in these forty days.  I took all my usual routines when I couldn't fit time in to really soak up God's Word and put all those routines in the trash and developed this new routine of study and focus on God.

Sometimes Satan is so apparent and around me I can feel him.  He wants me to mess up.  He wants me to settle into what I have been doing.  He wants to trip me up so that he can say that I failed.  But every time I just stop and pray and ask God to put me right back where I was and keep right on going.  Then I think about Philippians.

I have a goal through this process.  God has major plans for me, and I want to use these forty days to seek Him out and find out what that goal is.  I know there are big things for me, and I can't wait to see what those big things are!  So when you start wondering how I am and how things are going, go back to this verse.

"I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

Satan is present and wants me to fail at this, and doesn't want me to gain another step between God and I.  But my God is stronger than Satan could ever be, and my God will support me and love me regardless of anything else that may happen in my life!

Thanks for keeping up, and hopefully there will be more news very soon!

Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment